Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, August 29, 2012

latest scrapbook pages

Do you ever find yourself in an overwhelmed state that walking away from the challenges/issues and doing something else relieves you of your stress and the feelings of being overwhelmed?
 
Well my "therapy" for these kinds of days lately is to scrapbook. To create for myself. Recently I was able to finish two layouts, both from the holidays but one from 2010 and the other from our trip back to California for Holiday 2011.
 
Christmas Party
I love this event bec. we had just moved into our new home here in Colorado and Marcus was finishing up his first week in school when the class had their Christmas party. Maddie and I got to attend and I felt to blessed that Marcus' 2nd grade teacher was so welcoming not only to him but to me and Maddie as well.

I had the matching die cut shapes from this Christmas collection and I used one of the ornament die cut to add a layered embellishment against all of the flat ornament design on the paper.

to make the title stand out against the diagonal striped paper, I used some vellum for my title block.
 
H.B. (Huntington Beach)
this page is a small glimpse of what we saw when we visited Huntington Beach pier last December. It's funny how in the 9+ years we've been living in Cali as a family, we've never taken the kids here. We felt like tourists roaming around the area and to think we were Cali residents just a year before that!

I added some travel themed stamping on my page to denote the theme.

I initially wanted the stamp to be white but it wasn't showing very well against the brown cardstock so I restamped it with black and I like the "shadow" effect the white and black combo created.

I hope that if you are feeling stressed today, that you can find a time during your day to unwind. Wether it's through some kind of creative endeavor or other means, step away and take a breather. We all need that once in a while. :)

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: