Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Ice Skating Field Trip

Last Thursday, I took the kids to a local Ice Skating rink. The kids did the reading program at the Library and one of their "rewards" where a sheet of paper full of coupons from local businesses in the area. This coupon has been a great thing for us this summer. It allowed the kids (and I) to try new things with no or little money to spend.

So going back to the Ice Skating Field Trip....they had a coupon for free skating session and skate rental at the Pikes Peak Ice Skating Rink. It was a bit of a travel as it was on the other side of town. I called a couple of days before and got the time slot when they would honor the coupons. We drove out and got there just in time, got their skates and headed to the rink. Marcus was familiar with it as he had experienced ice skating with the Cub Scouts during the scout camp. He used the buckets for help in balancing but after a couple of laps, he got rid of it and was extremely good at balancing himself all the while skating. I was very impressed.

Maddie on the other hand was a different story. She got on, was very apprehensive and fell flat on her bottom. After that she refused to get back on. I would have gone with her but with my purse and camera in tow, I couldn't leave it and skated with her. Plus, it's been y-e-a-r-s since I last Ice skated (which was that one time then) and I was not about to embarass myself infront of my kiddos and strangers. I guess I could've been a better example for Maddie to "try and try until you succeed" but alas my fear got to me. So for the rest of the time they were allowed to skate, Maddie and I sat at the bleachers watching all the great skaters do their thing and be amazed at how awesome and easily Marcus took to skating.

Here are some of the photos from our trip....I had to turn in black and white as I was not happy with the colorcast I got from the pictures at the rink...





If I had the extra budget, I would definitely look into skating classes or even ice hockey for Marcus as I think he would be really good at it. Any suggestions?

Thanks for stopping by.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: