Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Monday, August 20, 2012

First day of School

Happy Monday everyone. It's the start of another week. How's yours shaping up? I'm looking forward to getting a lot done since my kiddos will be in school for most of this week (they're having testing days at the end of the week so they get a day and a half of break). Speaking of school, yes my kids started last Wednesday. Can't believe how time flies. Two days before school started, we went to school to meet their new teachers, drop off this year's school supplies and have some ice cream :) I love to go this event every year because the kids get to find out who their teachers are and the rooms that they're assigned to which takes a little bit off from the "first day of school" stress.

We made sure the kids were well prepared for their first day back to High Plains. The night before, we already made their lunches and got their outfits all planned out. I made them boiled eggs and toast for breakfast to give them a good start to their day, took some pictures and then headed off to school. Here's some memories from that morning...



I still can't believe I have a 4th grader now!


She was super excited to be 1st grade and I was so happy that she'll be in full day school. Woohoo!

I waited with Maddie till the bell rang and here she is with her teacher and classmates getting ready to go inside and start a day full of learning and new discoveries.

When I picked them up, the kids both reported of having a great day. Maddie said that she had a great day eventhough it was 7 hours long. I chuckled and asked her how she knew how long she'd been in school and then she said that her teacher said it. I thought her comment was hilarious eventhough she still doesn't fully grasp time yet.

So that's it. I hope you have a FANTASTIC week!

Till next time,
Grace





1 comment:

Allison said...

I can't believe how grown up the kids look! Good luck this year you two! :)