Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Tuesday, March 15, 2011

This is for my mom

today's post is layouts galore!!!!

The other day, I was talking on the phone with my mom and she asked me if I was still making layouts. I was surprised by her question, I mean, me? not make anymore scrapbook pages? that's just inconceivable!!!

Anyways, I told her that I still am but have kept them under wraps because I've been trying to submit them for publication.

But today I decided to post a few of them......just for my mom. :)

He's aging!

I made this page about my husband and his reading glasses. Last year when he came back to California from his initial trip to Colorado (for work), he came back with some new pair or reading glasses. I chuckled when I saw it and of course gave a few jokes about "aging". He told me that he's noticing that he has been having a harder time to read his scriptures and these glasses (not prescription kind) is magnifying the words for him. I took photos of him and his new "accessory" and made this page.


I've been trying to use up my stash and in here, I rummaged through my chipboard collection and used a few. I covered most of the circles with pattern paper and used two to hold my title. While in the others, I added stickles (glitter glue) for some shine and texture.

Yellow Mellow

a page I made because I'm sooooo looking forward to Spring. I love bright and cheery colors and this page just makes me happy all over.


I added a homemade accent by punched a circle from kraft cardstock, adding some circle lines with pen and then adding a punched out heart in the middle with pop up dot.

Shy no more

This page is about celebrating how my super shy son have come out of his shell and started participating in school programs like this one last year. Because it's a celebratory type of layout, I used the banners for the title.


I punched out some circles from pattern paper, added my letters on it before adhering it to the banner stickers from Pink Paislee. The circles bring the letters pop out better against the red background.

Anniversary date 2010

PULLED OUT FOR PUBLICATION
a double page spread. Here's photos of our anniversary date last year. We took a break from getting our home ready for sale (painting and cleaning) to celebrate with a dinner and movie.

PULLED OUT FOR PUBLICATION
I kept the chipboard shape's raw color here so it'll stand out against the busy patterns of the paper in the background. I did however, sprayed some glimmer mist on it for some shine before adding the title letters.

So that's it. Thanks for stopping by.

Till next time,
Grace

3 comments:

Nati Tristan said...

Those are such inspirational layouts! they look fantabulous! Good Luck on the ones you submitted for publication!

Gina Lideros said...

congrats on making guest designer at GCD studios. I look forward yo seeing more of your work.

Audrey Pettit said...

These are fabulous, Grace! Wow, love your style!