Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Family Home Evening Chart

Hello everyone.
My week is shaping up to be a fantastic one. My long list of "to-do" is quickly getting checked off and boy! does that feel excellent.

As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, we are encouraged to take one night out of our week to spend with the family. We call it "Family Home Evening". It's usually done on a Monday night. Every family has their own way how they do FHE, for us we usually start with some songs, then prayer, then talk about what's going on with each family member that week, a lesson, game and we end it with some treats.

Since there are four members in our family, we had each member be in charge of a part of the FHE. We didn't track who has done what and I just recently realized that I've done the lesson four times in a row!

So to get this problem solved, I made this.....


this is a tray that I got at Goodwill last year. It had a Christmas theme. I didn't know what I wanted to do with it at the time of purchase but I'm so glad I bought it bec. it was the perfect foundation for this project.


The beauty of having a lot of sb stuff is that when idea hits, I don't have to go outside and purchase materials for my projects. With this one, I just went through my stash and luckily found everything I need. I used cardstock to cover the tray where the Christmas image was and then covered that with pattern paper. I also used letter sticker and chipboard.


I had to personalize my frame with our last name. :)


then added some flowers and ribbons to the top for a finished look.


Because the names had to be interchangeable, I added some itty bitty nails so I can change up the names. I also added covered the names and tasks with contact paper for durability.


a side view of my project.


and here's where it is being stored at, on top of our mantle.

I have to say, I'm not really sure why I haven't thought about this project before now. It has been extremely helpful for us and the kids feel like they have important duties to fulfill during FHE. That it's not only mom and dad doing the whole show. I love it! Marcus even gave the lesson yesterday (with a little help from me) and Mitch served the treats so I was able to do a few more rounds of WII tennis with Marcus before we ate our desserts.

So that's it for today. Thanks for stopping by.

Till next time,
Grace

2 comments:

Nati Tristan said...

That came out outstanding!! I LOVE IT!

Cathy said...

Love it. Love this idea!