Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Thursday, August 15, 2013

No Ordinary Girl layout

Have I told you how I love sketches? Yes, they are my favorite way of getting out of a creative "funk" or even when I'm just looking into stepping out of my comfort zone. 

A few night ago, I was browsing my favorite sites and came upon the latest sketch challenge for Paper Bakery Kits. I loved the design of the sketch and I knew right away, that I will use these photos of Maddie from two years ago. 

No Ordinary Girl
I used some of my new pink papers for this project and added some inking stamps from the Guitar set of Inspired By Stamping. I also added a phrase stamp from this set, also from Inspired By Stamping. I handcut the butterflies from paper and added brads in the centers for a finished look. Here's a few more close ups of the layout...



If you would like to "play" along with PBK's sketch challenge, please click here.

Thank you for stopping by.

Till next time,
Grace

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Great page as always Grace!! Thanks for playing along!! I miss you so much :)

sandi said...

This is so sweet! Love the use of the butterflies....really compliments those sweet pics perfectly! Tks. for playing along with us at The Paper Bakery!

Danielle Higginbottom-Brown said...

super cute!!! love all the butterflies! thanks for playing along with us @ The Paper Bakery!!!

Mary Ann Jenkins said...

This is so cute Grace! I sure miss you being on the PB team, but it's fun to have you playing on with the sketch challenges :)

Joanna M - Inspired by Stamping said...

So beautiful Grace! Hugs, Joanna

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

Gorgeous layout Grace! Love your take on the sketch!!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Bakery!

Tegan said...

This is simply beautiful! Love the colors, the photos are great, and the butterflies are so pretty! Glad you could share your work using a Paper Bakery sketch! :)