Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Tuesday, August 6, 2013

More July events revisited...

I know that it is already August but I can't help myself in doing one last post about July family stories. I always say "it's better late than never." 

In July, I finally finished the "academic start" program for Brigham Young University, which is also called the Pathways program. Our facilitators were kind enough to host a small graduation party at their house and they even gave us certificates. It was a great way to end the school year. 

What's next for me? I'm going to continue the online program this fall, taking two classes that will go towards my degree to be a teacher. Let's cross our fingers I can do this!

I can't believe my babies are growing up. They are at the age where they can go on "sleepovers." Where did the time go? In July my kids were invited to their first sleepover. It was with a good friend that has a boy and a girl that is the same age as my kids. Marcus and Maddie were super excited about this and it was nice to have some quiet time with hubby. Mitch and I got to have a peaceful dinner, we went for a walk and then watched one of the movies that we borrowed from the library. Things were so smooth until it was time to sleep. It was weird that I didn't get to tuck the kids in their own beds. I have to admit, this mama didn't sleep quite well as I thought about my babies. :(

In the morning, when I picked them up, I asked them if they missed me. They said "yeah" but you can tell that they had a blast at their friends house and they weren't really thinking about us, their folks. I'm already hurting at the thought of future goodbyes with these two as they go off in their own journeys, ie missions and college. 

Even though there were some plants that didn't make it alive, my garden was mostly fruitful this year. Recently I was able to harvest some zucchinis, red potatoes and turnips. This was my first year to grow potatoes and zucchinis. I'm excited at the many things I can make with the zucchini.

And finally, our local library put on their annual Summer party to end their reading program. The kids and I attended this outdoor event and the above collage is a glimpse of what the kids got to do. We saw the helicopter but, like last year, Marcus was not interested in going in it because of the long line. They did get to try the firefighter's gurney (sp?). Plus we got to win some more coupons from local food places. We feel so blessed to have fun events like this to attend to in the area.

So there you have it. A quick run through of July events. Now our heads need to focus on getting ready for another school year. I can't believe it's in less than two weeks. Aaccckkk!

Thanks for stopping by.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: