Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Monday, June 29, 2009

a Cosmo Cricket weekend for me.....

last week's constant "play" under the sun had left me with no or little time in my scrap room. Thank goodness for the weekend!

Armed with some new and fun Cosmo Cricket buys I went to work and made the following...

Pretty Maddie

This layout featured the Girl Friday line and Tank Mix Die cut letters. I'm a little sad that the blue cardstock in the background looks darker in the picture than in real life. I might have to take another picture of this.


I layered a lot of the pattern papers to create my block design. I love to work with one line at a time. It gives me the freedom to move things around without worrying if they will blend in together. I printed my pictures at home for this page and was able to crop the line of little photos in photoshop before printing, taking out some time I would've wasted just trying to crop them and line them up behind the white mat.


I highlighted the letter M (for Maddie) with a handmade circle and handwritten the title all around it.

Oh Boy!

This page featured journaling blocks from the Get Happy line and papers from Girl Friday and Halfway cafe. I also played with tank mix number die cut and rubons here.


this page was all about my son's first time loosing a tooth, so I made a vellum pocket to store the loose tooth and added rubons onto the front.


Used a number set here from the tank mix die cut paper and highlighted the number 5 with ink since that's the age he lost his first tooth.


I added design to the subtle halfway cafe paper by adding rubon words.

Happy day card
-PULLED OUT FOR PUBLICATION-
this card featured some more Girl Friday papers, a little bit of Mr. Campy (red and stripe paper) and fun black board leaves. I enjoyed layering them all together here.

-PULLED OUT FOR PUBLICATION
I was so surprised at how fast I was able to whip this card together. I guess when you have a fun paper and designs to play with it all comes together very easily.

Let's get back to Nature minibook

this minibook featured papers, journaling blocks and blackboard from Mr. Campy line. I made my own 6x6 minibook from Illustration board and binding it with the bind it all machine. I also incorporated some papers from Girl Friday and Halfway cafe for the inside pages.


I painted the blackboard green, then added some brown to it and finally spraying some copper glimmer mist onto it for the "rustic" look.

Here's a glimpse on the inside...

I loved all the fun shapes from the blackboard pack. It was the PERFECT embellishments for my camping minibook. I've never had so much fun adding a tent and hiking people embellishments to my project. I painted most of the blackboards to change the color and some of them I highlighted with a marker or pen.


here's what the back looks like. How fun is that car shape?
!
so there you have it. I hope you too had a great weekend and have a great rest of the week.

Till next time,
Grace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

madeline's layout is cute! and you rocked those papers!

GCD Studios said...

WOW... so many GREAT THINGS... THEY HAVE TO PICK YOU :)
GOOD LUCK :)