Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Thursday, June 11, 2009

I love school breaks.....

Maddie's officially done with preschool this year and that means that I get my Tuesday and Thursday mornings back! Woohoo!

I'm able to workout more, check my mail and actually scrap during the day. Marcus' school end's in the middle of next week and that means that these days would be even better cause I won't have to wake up too early. Haaay! I just love Summer!!!

Here's my latest projects....

Memories (Christmas 1994)

this is a page inspired by the latest challenge over at the Studio blog of American Crafts. We were to go through our old photo stash and make a scrapbook page about them. I have TONS of old pics (both mine and my hubby's) so I was all over this challenge. Making this page really got me all nostalgic and very grateful that I had a great childhood. These pictures are of my first Christmas here in America when I lived with my Aunt Eloisa and Uncle King for a year in Oregon.


The title was cut from the Home Decor cartridge of Cricut. I also inked the edges of the tiny alphas to make it stand out a little bit more against the white background.


I created my homemade Christmas tree, sprayed it with glimmer mist for some shine and added brads to mimic tree decorations.


the fun American Crafts papers I used here gave my oldie but goodie pictures a little bit of a modern touch. I also added a few hand stitching here and there for a homemade feel.

Products used:
Cardstock- (white) The Paper Company; (red) Colorbok
Pattern papers- Christmas line, American Crafts
Title die cut- Home decor cartridge, Cricut
Letter stickers- Tiny Alphas, Making Memories
Border Punch- Upper Crest, Fiskars
Thread- Embroidery floss, DMC
Glimmer spray- Pearl, Glimmer mist, Tattered Angels
Brads- Source Unknown
Journaling font- LD Vanilla, Letterdelights.com


B.O.M Achievement

I'm so happy I got this page done. It's an event that happened in November and although it's not that long ago, I've had the prints for a while and just haven't had the inspiration to make it until now and with this newest challenge from Method Playground.


In the challenge we were to use envelopes and I made my own big one for the certificate to fit in. I trimmed a 12x12 American Crafts paper and sewn on all three sides and created a pocket on the top.


I also made my own closure my punching circles and adding brads. I closed the brads only halfway through so I can turn those threads around it.


I had a leftover "o" from a previous project that I added to my group photo to make my son stand out more.

Thank you for looking.

Till next time,
Grace

1 comment:

Pamela said...

LOOOOOOOVE that "Super-sized envelope"!!! Very clever girl! Thanks for playing at the MP... Pam