Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Temple date

I'm playing catch up here so here's another post for today. :)

As most of you know, Mitch and I celebrated an anniversary last week (our 9th one) and to celebrate, we went to the Denver Temple for a date.


Being in Young Women's has given me the great opportunity to meet the young girls in our ward (church congregation) and I got one a super awesome girl watch our kids for us last Saturday. The best part of this whole arrangement is that she didn't charge us for our temple trip. I guess the girls consider that a service rather than a paid job. What a cool thing! We did give her a bit of money still since we ate out for dinner after our temple session.

It was Mitch and mine first time to go to the Denver temple and it's always exciting to be inside a temple. This one was no exception. The only thing I have to take note next time is the travel time. I figured it was only going to take us about 45min.-1 hour to get there but because the highways here are only two lanes and we unfortunately hit some traffic, we didn't get to the temple till 1 hour and 20 minutes later. We missed the session that we were planning on attending but to our luck, they have sessions every 30 minutes so we didn't have to wait too long.

We enjoyed our session and after realized that it's been more than a year since we've gone to the temple together. This definitely was a much needed temple visit for us.

After that, we drove back to the Springs and stopped by a local Olive Garden for some dinner. Love their food and it's so great that Mitch and I can split the "tour of Italy" between us so were not dragging our heavy stomachs out of the restaurant.






so that's our latest Saturday excursion. We feel so blessed to have such great young girls in our church who we can trust our kids with and I'm thankful I can celebrate my anniversary in the temple of which we made covenants 9 years ago to be together for eternity.


Thanks for stopping by.


Till next time,

Grace

1 comment:

Nati Tristan said...

Those are wonderful pictures! :o)