Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Change is in the air.....

There is a certain relief in change, even though it be from bad to worse! As I have often found in traveling in a stagecoach, that it is often a comfort to shift one's position, and be bruised in a new place. ~Washington Irving

Clearly things can't always be the same.... even though we want them to. I'm dealing with a few right now and I feel the need to share (unload) them with you.....

1. My dear son is going to Kindergarten in a few weeks. I enrolled him in this school yesterday and after turning in all my papers then and only did it hit me that he's growing up. He's in a diff. phase/stage in his life now and I'm not sure if I'm confident enough that if I let him spread his wings and "fly" that he'll make it. I'm trying to review his basics (abc, numbers, shapes) with him and summer seemed to have made him forget. Plus the behavior still needs a little tweaking. So many things to do, so little time. Or maybe I just need to let go of my need to be in control? How do you weigh in that issue? I need your advice, especially from my family and friends who's had experienced what I'm going through right now.

2. Amanda is no longer living with us. She turned 18 in June and graduated high school that same month. She has signed up in the army and going through boot camp right now. We all miss her. The kids still think she'll come back any day now and everything will be the same. I am relieved that she's in a good place right now, finding herself and serving her country as well.

3. and finally a job change for me. Some of you know that I've been working here for 9 months now.....

well I'm moving to here...

New environment, new standards, new lessons to learn. I'm definitely excited. I don't like to be the "new kid on the block" but I'm up for the challenge. This will be good (trying to be optimistic here) . What made me jump ship? I'm not really sure. I guess I was looking for some change. Hey the fact that I can buy Mitch discounted clothes is a plus as well!

So there. Don't think that bec. I chose that quote that things are going from bad to worse here, it's not. I just like the ending of it. The "shifting of one's position" struck me as a good metaphor for optimism. I mean who really wants to sit on an uncomfortable stagecoach sit and not try to move their *behinds* around so they can be more comfortable? I know I would. *smile*

Have a great day,
Grace

1 comment:

The Sonboul's said...

oh Grace what GREAT NEWS!!! i so happy you got hat job! WOOHOO GO SUPER GRACE!