Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Sunday, August 10, 2008

BMPS- Ebony and Allabaster

this line was really elegant and (frankly) hard to work with. It was just too beautiful to cut up! But I managed and came up with these projects....

Wedding Extras


Supplies used: Black cardstock- The Paper Company; Pink Textured Cardstock- Die cuts with a View; Pattern papers and journaling block- Ebony and Allabaster, Black Market Paper Society; Lace and ribbon- Source unknown; Letter and foam stickers- American crafts; Hearts chipboard- Colorbok; sentiment stickers- source unknown.

Again bec. it was sooo elegant, I thought of using it in my wedding themed pictures. The papers went great against the black background and the bigger patterned papers was good to make big flowers with.


I stitched the lace on the page to make sure it doesn't go anywhere!


With love


Supplies used: Papers, title and journaling block- Ebony and Allabaster, Black Market Paper Society; Red paint- Plaid enterprises; Black pen- Millennium, Zig; Photo edited in Adobe Photoshop CS.

With this line, there's one thing I noticed.... you need to add a little bit of color with the papers to break the monotony (sp?) of the black and white. Here I painted the edges of my main frame and scallops red to complement the red in mine and my daughters red outfits. The picture was edited in photoshop. I turned it to black and white first then got the erase tool to bring out the red in our clothes.


this line came with a pack of die cut journaling blocks and titles. It made thing easier for me. As you can see the title was already made and the journaling block gave helped me handwrite my quote with ease.

Two lives, Two hearts card


Supplies used: Textured cardstock- Die Cuts with a View; Blue cardstock- The Paper Company; Tag and Black pattern paper- Ebony and Allabaster, Black Market Paper Society; Diagonal strip blue pattern paper- Rob and Bob Studio, EK Success; Dot blue pattern paper- Morning glory, Prima; Square blue pattern paper- Metropolis, Scenic Route; Flower- Prima; Pearl- Kaiser Scrapbook; Sentiment sticker- Word fetti, Making Memories; Foam dots- 3D dot, EK Success

going with the wedding theme here again. Loved the intricate design of this paper that played a big role in emphasizing the "elegance" of a wedding. Added some blue undertones to give this card a little color.

Made my little wedding cake by stacking itty bitty scraps of paper on top of one another. Fun and easy!


thank you for looking,
Grace

No comments: