Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Friday, December 28, 2012

My favorite projects from this year

Let me start of by saying that I LOVE all of the projects I made this year. They are an extension of who I am. If I can call them my children, I'd win the "mother who had the most children" award this year. And yet, I stop and reflect on the things I've created in 2012 and the following are my favorites because they're the catalyst to stretching my creativity and passion for crafting to the next level.
 
Flower Pillow
I made this project for a design team assignment. I remembered browsing through my pinterest boards looking for a project that I've always wanted to try but never had the time nor "guts" to follow through. I love finding pretty things to create for my home and this one definitely fit the bill. Plus using my scap fabrics to create my colorful pinwheel flower helped me to pair down my ever growing stash.

You've always had it in you card
I made this card for a publication call. I was trying to make my style fit the publication needs. Unfortunately it was not picked up but I still adore this card. The journey I took in making this card was not my usual route. For most of my cards, I usually just "play" with whatever products I have on hand. With this one however, I planned out the papers, the chipboard and down to the quote. I can honestly say that this is not a typical "grace" card but I love how with just a little bit of planning, I'm able to put together a card that I had envisioned in my head.
 
Heart Healthy Altered Journal
This altered mini was another one from the "assignment" project category. I made this earlier this year for Ella Publishing as they celebrated Heart Healthy Month. This book is one of my favorite projects of 2012 because of how practical this can be for my own life. I'm in the process of re-evaluating my lifestyle and how good health fits in the picture. This year I've been so consumed with other things that I've neglected to pay close attention to my weight and exercise. I love the fact that I've made projects like these that will come in handy in other aspects of my life.
 
 
Be My Valentine Banner
This is my favorite banner this year. The knitted pockets was intentionally made for Christmas but I was not able to finish it on time. So I turned around a negative into a positive and used the pockets to make a Valentine banner instead. With a few additions of the pink, I was ready to celebrate the "heart" holiday.

Curly Style layout

This is my favorite layout of the year. Again I reserve a special spot in my heart for ALL of my scrapbook pages but this one stood out because I tried to find all the techniques I can do with twine. I don't consider myself a "technique" person but this layout proves to me that I can get out of my comfort zone once in a while and like the results.
 
So there you have it. My favorites from this year. What about you? What project stood out to you that I've shared this year? What was YOUR favorite project that you made this year? I'd like to hear your thoughts.
 
See you next year. *wink*
 
Till next time,
Grace


 

No comments: