Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Water Bottle Sling Bags

Hi guys! So I had a day last week where I didn't have to do any photo or scrapbook work and I treated myself with some time with fabrics and my sewing machine and this is what I made...

Don't you just love my adorable model? My initial vision is that both kids will model their new water bottle totes for me BUT since my son's already 9, somehow taking pictures are not on his 'must do' list anymore. WHAT!!! Yeah that's me freaking out.  Hopefully we can still compromise with the big events/holidays and if that's the case then I can let him go with shoots like these.

Anyways back to the bag, I got this idea/tutorial/pattern from this site which I pinned in my Fabric love board pinterest.


I love how easy it is to make and her instructions were plain and simple for even this beginner sewer. The only thing I would change is the length of the strap. I followed the instructions to a T, but I think it's made for smaller children bec. Marcus' bag is a little bit higher on his body than what I would consider a sling bag to be.

I was drawn to this project bec. of how easy it would be for the kids to bring water to our hiking trips or even simple park trips. No more me carrying 3-4 bottles in my purse while everyone walks/hikes without any load.

 And here's the two bags finished...

I was able to make these two bags in an afternoon so if you are looking for a quick sewing project to make soon, I hope you consider this one.

Till next time,
Grace

1 comment:

poop bags said...

This looks absolutely perfect, really its remarkable. You have some great content but are getting lots of none relevant comments here too. I really like in a site, very informative, no waste of time on reading.