Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What I love...post 2

Having another snow day today. No school for Marcus and no work for Mitch so all of us are staying cozy and warm indoors.

So for today's "love" post, I wanna share my love for sprinkling crafty goodness all over my home. I admire homes with excellent design. Homes that have impeccable artwork or expensive furnitures but I have to say that I'm happiest when I can see paper scattered all over my home. And I'm not talking about junk mail or such but paper turned into crafty displays like these....


This is a wall in my living room where I have a small table decorated with things I love.


I got this table (along with the lamp) at Lowe's at the Clearance section. It was a fantastic deal too. *wink* Anyways I have a framed photo of our family (will show more of these on a later post) and a small flower topiary that I made as this year's valentine project. I also added my first, of hopefully many more to come, milk glass collection.


I had the heart wreath on the wall and as I was staring at this display the other day, I felt like it needed something pink on the table to connect the wall and table display. So I came up with a small flower topiary. I already had most of the supplies except the Styrofoam ball so after a quick stop at the dollar store, I whipped this project up.


I didn't have any plans for how the flowers will look. I wanted it to look as random as possible. I made sure I hot glued the flower too so that it'll stick better to the foam incase the brads don't hold to well.


I've been inlove with milk glasses for a while now but sadly everytime I check out thrift stores in Cali, I could never find one. Well yesterday I went to Goodwill to check for tap shoes for Maddie and as I strolled around the store I found this gem for $1.45. At that point, I knew it had to come home with me. I filled it up with chocolates and as you can see, chocolates around here doesn't last long. :)



So there you have it. Thanks for stopping by and hope you are having a great day.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: