Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Thursday, August 20, 2009

Play ball

Second crafty post for the day is a layout.....

Play ball


this one was for two challenges
1. One little Word blog. The word for this week was "play". Definitely a no brainer for me to use these pictures since this is the only thing we have right now that's close to a sports page. Hopefully when my schedule at work changes I can actually put my kids in some form of after school sport activity. But for now this will do.

2. thestudio.scrapbook-101.com challenge. There were a few things that we needed in our layouts and here's the run down...
use a non-scrapbook item- I used a foam sheet and made my own stars from it.
use borders- I added a ric rack edge to my picture borders (the picture strip on the bottom)
combine journaling with stamping- I used journaling stamp to house my "words".


I added some non-scrapbook item which are the foam stars. I've had the foam sheet for a while now and have been meaning to use them on something. This page was the right one for it.


I grabbed my journaling circle stamp and stamped it three times to create my journaling block. I thought it could resemble a ball traveling on air.

Journaling:
June '08- On our trip to the Long Beach Scout-o-rama, Marcus got a crash course to baseball. In one of the Cub Scout troop booth he learned how to pitch, catch and throw a baseball. He really enjoyed it! Although he didn't get to hit the ball with a bat, he did better with pitching it and getting it through the hole. Great sports action!

Thank you for looking.

Till next time,
Grace

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Great layout!

gudrun said...

Love your LO and the happy colors. Thanks for playing :)

Gigi said...

i love how you've used those journaling circle stamps, looks fantastic!

love the stars too, what a great layout!!

Tortenschickeria said...

what a cute LO. love all the colors and the foam stars are just great :)