Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Thursday, August 20, 2009

An apple a day.....

Got a few projects done and so today will be a multitude of "crafty" posts. Let's start with a shaped card that I made for this week's Cuttlebug blog challenge....

An Apple a day card

Be Inspired #45 was to make a shaped card. I loved all the sample projects that the Cuttlebug DT made. So inspired that I went right to work and made my own.

I didn't have a shaped card base so I went to my Cricut, cut out a large apple and used that as a template to make the card. I used my cuttlebug embossing folders to add dimension to the leaf and trunk of the fruit.

I also added stitching around the card for that homemade feel.


I finished the inside of the card with a little sentiment that, I thought, went well with the words in the front of the card.

Thank you for looking.

Till next time,
Grace

16 comments:

csroyal said...

So darn cute! Great job, inside and out! So glad you joined us in this week’s Be Inspired.

Cindy
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Oh WoW .This is `gorgeous``Yummie` Yummie...mmm
Thanks for joining in with the Cuttlebug Challenge again this week Grace:)...
terrie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Michelle said...

grace this card is wodneful...and your choice of paper ideal for this cheery and bright card!

TFS! and Thanks for playing along this week at the cuttlebug challenge blog!
michelle.
http://www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Ramona said...

I just cannot get over this card! WoWza! You did such a fabulous job with it. YOU GO GIRL!

Linda Beeson said...

That shape is just adorable! Cute card

danni reid. said...

oh Grace, this is so wonderful, i love your stitching & the stem is absolutely adorable.

hugs & so much love!
danni
www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

June Houck said...

Adorable as a get well card! I thought it might be a teacher card at first. I love your choice of papers :)

June Houck
Proud DT member at Cuttlebug Challenge blog
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

Esther Asbury said...

This is simply ADORABLE! Great job!

N2ScrapN4Fun said...

Really cute. Love the stitching.

Libby Dyson said...

This is clever and cute. I love the colours and what a great idea it would be for a teacher gift too. Good luck with the challenge

Cassie said...

it's sooo sooo wonderful grace!! love that polka dotted apple!! and the embossing is just the right touch!

thanks for joining in the fun at cuttlebug challenge blog!

Unknown said...

Great card Grace! Very smart making a template out of a Cricut design!
Thanks for joining us this week at “Cuttlebug Challenge Blog”
Hugs,
True :) from: "True's Gifts From The Heart"
Come check out my blog candy! ;)

Shantaie said...

Adorable card Grace, I love the addition of stitching, and thr embossed stem!
Thanks so much for playing along at cuttlebug challenge blog
Shantaie

Unknown said...

WOW Grace...this apple card is so beautiful!! I love how you created your own templete (fabulous idea...something I would have never thought to do, lol)!! Thanks for joining us at Cuttlebug Challenge!!

**Jackie**

Wendy Schoonhoven said...

What a beautiful card, hugs, Wendy.

ellen s. said...

just adorable!