Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Sunday, August 2, 2009

August Crazy Daisy kit projects

Can't believe it's the second day of August. I feel like June came and went then July just slipped by and left in a snap, just like that!

So are you in the mood for the bright orange hues of the summer? are you feeling the cool blues that reminds us all of water? how about butterflies? Well if you answer yes to all or anyone of these questions then you're definitely going to LOVE the August Crazy Daisy kit.

Jen and Kim is at it again with a load of products that will truly inspire the artist in everybody. Here's what I did with my kit....

Layout#1 Happiness
-PULLED OUT FOR PUBLICATION-

I love this layout! Not only does this showcase my family but also because I got to use a lot of the fun embellishments in this kit. I love that the kit picked embellishments from the same line and color scheme. Those Pink Paislee stuff are really fun to use! Layering them made it so easy and fun.

-PULLED OUT FOR PUBLICATION-

Did you notice the tree? I just punched out small circles and decorated the chipboard tree trunk that came in the kit. Easy and looks cute. Don't you think?

-PULLED OUT FOR PUBLICATION-

I also did some ribbon ruffles here. I first sewn the ruffles down onto the paper through the sewing machine and then added my strips of pattern paper.

Layout#2 Our Family

At the end of last year, I wrote a little summary of what each member of my family accomplished that year in my blog. I liked the idea so much that I printed the same pictures that I used in the post plus copy and paste the text onto a word document and printed that out as well. I strongly feel that blog is another great way of scrapbooking. Sometimes we think it's time taking away from actual paper crafting but when you have pictures and text already saves somewhere, like the blog, it frees you up from shuffling through your picture files and writing text/journaling. It's all in the blog, all you need to do is copy and paste. More time to play with paper is always a plus in my book. *wink*




Since this is a two page spread, I had to spread the supplies a little further to cover up the bigger space. I cut out patter paper strips, glued them down as borders (top and bottom of my pictures) and added machine stitching for texture. I created a visual triangle with the orange color word sticker, flower and rubon.

Layout#3 Star Student

This page documented how well my son has grown through his first year in school. I had a heavy load of journaling which I balanced with picture and stars from pattern paper on the top. This is a lift from a page that my dear friend Heidi did that's published in the Aug/Sept 09 issue of Scrapbook Etc.


I was able to feature a few of the papers in the kit here by using them for my stars.


The big chipboard star in the middle was from July's kit (it's a good thing to save leftovers from previous kits) and used that as my foundation for the collage of elements in the middle.

Layout#4 This is Fun

I got the idea for this page when I saw the Heidi Swapp stickers in the kit, especially the one that I used here for my title. It definitely worked out for these pictures of my sister on the trampoline.




I played up the butterflies here, using the foiled embossed butterflies, butterfly ribbon and cutting out some from the Jenni Bowlin paper. I also added a butterfly stamp (from my stash) to complete the visual triangle.

Layout#5 Pio Pico

Here's some pictures of a trip that my family took to a local historic museum last year. I was so surprise that by lining up little pictures,I was able to fit so many of them in one page.
I used the transparency here to give more emphasis to my focal picture and added my title to an empty space on the picture as well. I had to take the picture of this page at an angle cause the transparency is causing a glare in the picture.




I loved the bright orange flowers in the kit. I prettied them up with the buttons, also in the kit.

I got my minialbum done already but I'm saving the pictures of that for a start to finish article I'm going to share in the Crazy daisy blog soon. Will update you when that gets posted okay.

Remember to check the kit here. Don't wait till they're all gone, cause believe me this will run out fast!

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: