Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Thursday, August 20, 2009

GCD studios August share

I did these projects a week ago and I'm finally able to share them with you....

1. Little People activity tin

I got the idea for this project because I scored the "people" die cut set at the closing sale of my lss.

I used party it up papers (mostly scraps from my other project) and just run them through the die cut machine, layering the pieces for more interest.

I laminated them with contact paper and adhered a small strip of magnet on the back. Since my kids will use this during church time, I wanted it to be sturdy for tough kids. LOL

I also covered the tin but this time with the Sunny Days papers (I just love that line!)Another thing I love about this project is that it's so thin and compact which can be taken anywhere.

2. Pamper Gift Set

I covered some toiletry items plus a small candle with the Morning Glory pack to create this gift set that would be perfect for a friend, a mom that needs a pick me upper or a bride to be.

I didn't have a cute basket to match so I grabbed one of my kids' shoe box and covered that with paper as well to make it all pretty. I finished off each toiletry item with rafia and a layered flower.



3. Sweetest little soul minibook

I grabbed the round shaped paper from the Canta line and cut it in quarters. I adhered two of them (wrong sides glued together) for added sturdiness and included tags/journaling blocks from the Chic Bebe line in between each page. I then binded it all with my bind it all machine. I then added my pictures and embellished it with all sorts of GCD studios "fun stuff" (rubons, epoxy sticker, ribbon, chipboard shapes)


The main purpose for this minibook was for me to be able to jot down all those important facts/dates/details of my son's first 6 months of life. I found this book that I've kept all his stats and firsts (first time to eat, to coo, to rollover) and I thought it's important for me to keep them all in one place.


If you wanna learn about the products used here, visit the website here.
Thank you for looking.

Till next time,
Grace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the activity tin is so cute!!