Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Sunday, July 3, 2011

Creating outside my box

Today I want to share with you how I've been crafting/creating outside of my normal paper + glue medium....

Glue Arts offers Accent it All vinyl and I've been using some of their generous products up to make pretty sayings on my wall. Here's my most recent one....


this is the wall in my bedroom. My bed doesn't have any headboard with it so I decided to have some accent on the wall right above my bed to compensate for a headboard.



I got the frames a long time ago and placed photos of the family (which I took of us during Easter 2010). Mitch helped me spaced them out evenly and he was the one that drilled the holes for the frames. What a nice guy he is. :)



then the other day, I pulled out some black vinyl and cut out the saying using my Cricut machine and the storybook cartridge. I wanted the saying to be script and have a lot of flourish/swirls in the text so I was afraid that this type/cartridge wouldn't work but to my surprise, I like how it had just enough "fanciness" in the type but at the same time it's readable.


I've also made another saying for my kitchen that reads- Meals and Memories made here daily using the same technique but with a caramel brown vinyl color to match the decor of my kitchen.

On Friday, I decided to call up my dad and have him tell me on the phone (while I jot down the notes) on how to make Filipino Menudo.


I had some pork (which I bought on sale) and was getting tired of making the same old thing with it. I've had many menudo meals in my lifetime to know that it's not going to be complicated for a cook like me to make it. I googled the recipe first online but found that they're not exactly how my parents made them while I was growing up. That's why I called my dad. I thought that for me to learn this the right way, I have to get it from the right source. :)


Because the recipe for this was jotted down on a piece of paper while my Dad was telling me the way to make it, it's a bit choppy so if you want it, give me sometime to decode my own handwriting and make the recipe more understandable and I'll definitely share it with you guys.:)


To that's it. As you can see, creativity doesn't just bound me to paper and glue. It gets me to try new things, make my home pretty (without spending too much money) and gives me a sense of fulfillment and accomplishment.


Thanks for stopping by and have a great and safe 4th of July holiday.


Till next time,

Grace

No comments: