Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Friday, June 17, 2011

All About a Dad

Can you believe Father's day is on Sunday already? I can't! Maddie was just mentioning to me how she feels time flies so fast because she can still remember Easter and Mother's day and here we are on the heels of Father's day. Well I agree with her a hundred percent!

Speaking of Father's day, how about some paper share about the subject....

All About a Dad

I made this layout of last year's Father's day celebration using Upsy Daisy Design products. I used the "A Walk in the Park" line. Love the masculine colors in that line.


My Basic Grey letter stickers was blending into the background so I added pen lines around the edges to make them stand out a bit more. I also added the "about a" rubon from Upsy Daisy Designs.



I had a few more pictures to add in this page but I didn't want the page to be too heavy with photos so I addeda vellum pocket that I secured with brads looking like screws. I thought the screws added that "masculine" feel to the page. Making a pocket is always a great way to add more photos/ephemera/memorabilia in a page without having too much on the page.

DAD cards


and here's a quick and fun card that you can have the kids make for the "daddy" in your home. I used a cardstock that I cut out into a 6" square. I wanted it big so that the kids can doodle and add as much "fun" as they want in the card.



I had cut out a pattern paper (masculine design) into a square about 1/4" smaller than my card base. Cut out a slit on the top and folded the edges to make it look like a shirt collar. I had hand drew a tie and a pocket from cardstock. After all the prep, I called the kids and helped them finish their dad cards. I let them pick the embossing template/folder to use for their tie and pocket then they both ran it through the cuttlebug themselves. Then they adhered the papers and added their card title using their own handwriting. I love to add these little details to make sure that the card screams "kid made this card!"



then I had them write inside the card and gave them a bunch of my leftover stickers and they went to town with it! Then we used some glue squares to adhere the starburst candies inside the card.


Such a quick and fun project that I'm sure you can whip up today or tomorrow (if you haven't made your Father's day kid crafts yet) and still have enough time to surprise that special man in your home come Sunday morning. :)


Have a great weekend everyone.


Till next time,

Grace

1 comment:

Allison said...

Cute page and ideas as always. Hope you guys enjoyed your Father's day! :)