Hi friends, Grace here to share with you a new way to incorporate some non-scrappy items into your papercrafting projects.
Cupcakes are a big rage right now. They come in regular, mini and even extra-large ones. All sorts of flavors from the typical chocolate or vanilla to something exotic like Cayman Spice and Peanut Butter banana.
But even more fun are the cupcake liners that are available to us now. There are all sorts of colors and patterns to choose from. And that’s where my inspiration came from for today’s share.
I wanted to use my cupcake liners to create something unique for this wall decor altered craft. I decided to use the liners to create rosettes for the card. Read on to learn how to recreate these fun and easy rosette cupcake flowers…
1. The first thing I did was open up the cupcake liner and hand drew a spiral shape from the center going outside of the liner.
2. Then I cut along the hand drawn lines.
3. I used a dowel and rolled the liner starting from the edge of the cupcake paper all the way through the center of the paper.
4. I adhered the ends of the rosettes with glue gun to keep its shape.
5. No flower is every done without centers so I used some epoxy stickers from GCD Studios in the center of the flowers. I layered two foam adhesives inside the center of the flower before adhering the epoxy sticker to make the center flat and rose from the bottom of the flower.
6. I added some paint on the edges of the rosette flower to add more depth to the accents and also to show more of the crimpled aspect of the cupcake liners.
So there you have it, quick and easy way to incorporate cupcake liners on your next papercrafting project.Here's some more close up looks of my finished project.
Live, Laugh, Love wall décor
Size: 5 ¼” square
Nostalgia (#1987 Nostalgia Plaid red; #1986 Evening floral; #1992 Nostalgic Cutouts; #1993 Flourish in red); Happiness (#1868, Glitter Epoxy Dots)
Others: Glitter stickers, ribbon, border punch, photo corners, cardboard, cupcake liners, white paint.
Till next time,