Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Essentials of a Happy Life

Happy Thursday. Today the kids go back to school. You don't know how much I was looking forward to this day. Finally some type of normalcy in what had been a not so normal Summer. I'll share some photos of our day soon but first let me share a mini I made using the new Chipboard Deco Brag bag album from Clear Scraps.

The Essentials of a Happy life

ironically my life is not so happy right now but making this mini did help fight off those unwanted blues. In the front of the book, I layered some papers and added a scallop circle frame to house my title. I made it pop out a little against the background by using some pearl pen. The titles are a combination of tiny alphas from Cosmo Cricket and letter stickers from Hambly Screen Prints.


I used the Lydia collection from GCD Studios for my papers. They are bursting with color and yet with the texture and some gray in there, it has that "adult" feel to it. Perfect for a "me" album, don't you think?


I used some flowers from Accent Creative Designs. I added my favorite Viva Pearl Pens to the middle. I just love how these liquid pearls add that final touches with ease.


Here's the first page inside. Making something yummy in the kitchen has always brought me joy. The flowers were the same size and since I wanted to layer them and be able to show both colors, I snipped the pink ones down a bit so it'll rest on top of the white.


Second page. Here I played with more pearl pen and added some lines to go from the middle of the white flower out to the end of the petals. I also added more pearl effect in the centers of the small flowers.


Third page. In this page I folded the large white flower in half, adhered it and then added a green flower embellishment on top.


Last page. I used leftover photos in this book and I especially love this page cause it shows my three favorite people in the world.


and finally the back of the book. As you can see I used some thin ribbons to tie the book all together.

So there you have it. Thank you for stopping by and till next time...

Grace

No comments: