Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Thursday, July 16, 2009

My Birthday....

You probably know by now (due to a previous post) that I just had a birthday. It was a great day! I didn't have too many expectations about it, which I think is the BEST way to go about your birthdays, and I enjoyed it. Here's some pics of my day....

In the morning I was able to do some shopping, by myself, and got some great deals. Here's some bday presents for myself. *wink*


I'm so proud of myself for scoring some great deals with the items above. The plaid top I got at Ross was only $10 and the shoes from Payless came out to $7. I got the papers 30% off from Micheal's, the Photo paper that was originally $12, I got at the clearance section for $5, the butterfly punch was purchased with a 40% off coupon and the 50 pc. card pack with envelopes was purchased at walmart in the clearance section for $3. The striped shorts was clearanced to $5 from $30 from Ross and the cute flower accent was also in the clearance rak in Claire's for $3. So who said you have to spend hundreds of dollars to look cute?


For dinner I made some pasta with italian sausage. I know, you might be surprised that I cooked, well we have planned to eat out on Wednesday so I figured we'll just leave the spending that day.


Mitch did get me a cake. I had wished for a Tres leches cake and he did deliver.

Unfortunately it wasn't like what we've tasted before but it was still good. If anyone knows of a great place to purchase these cakes in the southland please share.

Our dinner wasn't long cause I had to go to work but the family did sing me a birthday song and Marcus made me a really cute handmade card. He tried to write my name without help and Grace became "Garas". At least he's not forgetting to go back to phonics to figure out how to spell things. He's too funny.

That's it for this post and more to come.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: