Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Friday, September 12, 2008

SoCalScrap projects

It's the beginning of the month so that means that I'm hard at work with making projects for kit and online stores. Here are some projects I made using products that was or can be purchased at the SoCalScrap store.....

Oh brother!

Supplies used:

Textured Cardstock- Die Cuts with a View; Pattern papers- Daydreams line, Fancy Pants Design; Flowers- Prima; Chipboard letters and dots- Thickers, American Crafts; Journaling font- Simpson, downloaded from the internet.

This one is definitely a page that I'm sure everybody will appreciate. The design and very liftable and my story will bring you a little chuckle as well.

Journaling:

A family conversation during dinner.

Maddie: Mom you’re my friend

Mom: Oh yeah, how about daddy?

Maddie: Daddy’s my friend too.

Mom: How about Marcus?

Maddie: Marcus is not my friend

Mom and Dad: Why not?

Marcus: Maddie is my sister, Hello!

Nobody can tell it like it is except Marcus.

August 4th 2008

Shopping with THIS guy

Supplies used:

Textures cardstock- Die cuts with a View; Pattern papers- Daydreams line, Fancy Pants Design; “my guy” rubon, Prima; Letter stickers- (small) Creative Imaginations (large) American Crafts; Scallop border punch- Water threading punch, Fiskars; Black pen- Millennium, Zig; Journaling font- Trebuchet MS, MS Word

The sketch was inspired by Pamela Young's sketch.

Journaling:

After a dinner and movie date, Mitch and I decided to run to Wal-Mart so he can pick his Christmas gift exchange item. Now before knowing Mitch, I’ve always thought that men disliked shopping so that makes them super fast shoppers. Man was I wrong with him! He does dislike shopping but when he goes out to buy, he really takes his “sweet” time in getting what he wants/needs. Tonight he came in the store without an idea of a possible gift item so that made it extra hard for him to decide which aisle to go to. We finally made our way to the sports and camping section and after oh about one hour in the store we came out with a collapsible table and some big bags of trail mix. Whew! I’m definitely going to make a mental note next time I shop with my guy to wear some comfortable shoes cause it’s going to take long. December, 2007

It’s Okay!

Supplies Used:

Pattern papers- Daydreams line, Fancy Pants Design; Title letters (I, t, k, y,!) American crafts; (‘, s, a) Heidi Swapp; (o) Me and My Big Ideas; Black pen- Millennium, Zig; Journaling font- Times New Roman, MS Word

It's fun to add texture and design to a page by using different fonts in your title. To make it eye pleasing try to stick with one color scheme.

Journaling:

It’s okay that this picture is not that perfect. My hair is all messy and that I can only appreciate this hotel as a visitor and not a guest. It’s okay that I don’t get to go on these kinds of trips often and that my days are usually filled with school chauffeuring and running errands.

My life is not perfect and not all glitz and glamour but I wouldn’t trade my sneakers, diaper changing and coupon clipping days for anything in this world.

Thank you so much card

Supplies Used:

Cardstock- The Paper company; Pattern papers- Daydreams line, Fancy Pants Design; Lace Cardstock and chipboard tag- KI Memories; Sentiment rubon- Scenic Route; Scallop Border Punch- Water threading punch, Fiskars

I've been enjoying my water threading punch from fiskars lately. Great tool!

Celebrate card

Supplies Used:

Pattern papers- Daydreams line, Fancy Pants Design; Flowers- Prima; Embroidered sentiment- Making Memories; Heart brad- Source unknown

Here's the link to the SoCalScrap store. Check out all the great deals there. I promise you, you will be hooked!

Have a great day,
Grace

1 comment:

Cheryl KVD said...

I totally think the shopping one is funny! How did you think to bring a camera with you to Wal Mart??? Did people wonder what you were doing? Great job!