Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Monday, September 29, 2008

hiking with the family and some links

Hey all!
What a gorgeous weekend we had here in southern California. It was so perfect that hiking with the family turned out perfectly. Mitch and I have been going through some weird schedules that we don't seem to have time to be together as a family so I suggested we go on a hike on Saturday since I don't have to work till that night.
We went up to the San Gabriel Mountains. Didn't hike that far or hard since we had the kids but it was still a lot of fun.
I packed some snacks and the moment we started on the trail, Maddie kept on nagging me for some pop tarts, so after a quarter mile we stopped and ate our sugary snacks.



see the nice clear skies behind Mitch. It was definitely gorgeous up there.


Mitch took a shot of me. It's nice to be in front of the camera once in a while.


Going through these rocks was a breeze for the kids. They didn't even care if they fall in the water.


After about an hour and a half of hiking we finally settled in at this quiet place by the river. Maddie liked to play with the rocks. She would find the most interesting shaped rock and give it to me to throw in the water.


and Marcus couldn't wait to explore in the river. Even the slippery rocks couldn't keep him from having a blast.


All of us definitely needed that time away from our routines. What a great trip!

and here's some fun links to start off your week...

Fall frenzy is almost here at Coconut Scrapshop. If you haven't signed up in the board, do it now. There's so many fun stuff instore for this week long event.

Scrapwords (one of my fave sites) is holding their 09 "Wordsmith" DT search. Check out the details here.

A dear friend was so kind to toot for me that this issue was out and she saw my minibooks on page 98-100, 106-107. How cool is that!

If you're looking for a fun and quick way to spruce up a part of your home for Halloween, check this out.

Have a great week,
Grace

No comments: