Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Friday, September 19, 2008

a birthday post and a little advertisemnt....

Hi all,
checked out the "traffic" on my blog today and I'm glad I haven't turned anybody away with my previous post. :)

anyways as promised we are back to our regular banter around here and to start off our dear Mitch turned the big 4-0 last Wednesday. We had a two part celebration, one on tuesday night with the kids. We did the cake blowing AND eating during our Family Home Evening. We didn't have enough candles in the house to make 40 but in a way that's good cause I'm sure it would've been a big fire disaster if we did.


Haven't picked up my camera for a while so I took some "fun" shots of the family as well. With bad lighting and wiggly subjects, I didn't really get great shots but I love this one...


And then on Wednesday night we went to Anaheim Gardenwalk. A new place just around the corner from Disneyland. We had dinner at Cheesecake Factory (yum!) with his parents and his high school buddy Ken and his wife Angie.


The one thing I really enjoy when I eat at fancy restaurants is the way they plate your food. They can make a simple pasta dishes delectable just by looking at it. Tonight I tried their Thai pasta with chicken. Yum-O!


I got the waiters to sing to Mitch. You can tell he feels very awkward having all the attention to him but he was a good sport about it.



And after dinner we watched this on Imax. Great movie, a little too "dark" for my taste but I have to say if Heath Ledger doesn't get an award for this, whoever judges these awards don't know acting when they see one. He is soooo good, I was afraid I was going to have nightmares of him. LOL.


Oh the Garden walk was a nice place. Still very new, you can tell with lots of "coming soon" posts but the vibe is very mellow and had great fountains. We even managed to get this shot.....


And finally a little plug...
I added a few of this in my etsy store. You can purchase them either as a kit for you to make or a premade one that all you have to do is hang it up. More details can be found at my store.



Hope you guys have a great weekend. I have a family wedding to attend to tomorrow so that means lots of great camera opportunities and on Sunday I'm hoping to get some rest cause my week next week is proving to be another busy one.

Catch you guys later,
Grace

1 comment:

Rochelle Spears said...

I love the Garden Walk! We eat over there alot. Is the scrapbook store opened yet over there?