Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My Little Shoebox- Keepsake Collection

Happy Midweek everyone. Today I'm sharing my April projects for My Little Shoebox. This was my first batch of projects as part of their design team and I'm super excited that I can finally share with all of my blog readers....

Simple Sunday Minibook
PULLED OUT FOR PUBLICATION
My Little Shoebox teamed up with Punky Sprouts last month and I received the Punky Sprouts album that has the gear pages and it seemed a bit off from what the Keepsake collection’s theme is so I covered the gear pages all around to make the round edges instead. My favorite part of the album is the different elements used as pages. In the kit, it had a mixture of cardboard, chipboard, canvas and even a small envelope as pages and/or elements. I was also inspired by the doily and twine which is included in the same album kit.
The Keepsake collection is perfect for the Spring season. I love the bright colors and the design just makes you want to go out there and “smell the flowers”. I enjoyed cutting the frames/window design out and adding them as layered accents in some of the pages of my book. I also sprinkled all of the blocks from the Simple Treasures papers to hold journaling and accents in my book.
Here's some peeks of the inside of the album...
PULLED OUT FOR PUBLICATION
 Supplies Used:
Keepsake collection- Window view, Garden Delight, English Rose, Music to my ears, Picture Perfect, Simple Treasures, Cherry & Fog, Razzleberry & Chiffon, Flower Die cut, Cardsticker, Sound of Music
Cotton Candy Sprinkle Glaze Alphabet Letter
Minibook, Doilie and twine- Punky Sprouts
Circle punch- ½” Marvy Uchida; 1 ½” Creaive Memories; 2” EK Success
Border punch- EK Success
Pen- Creative Memories
Corner rounder- Creative memories
Mist- Peach delight, Glimmer mist, Tattered Angels
Adhesives- Creative Memories

 Sing Layout

this next layout is my extra one for the month. In this page, I used the Keepsake collection to document a school music performance that my son participated in. I love the banner die cuts and wanted to use the yellow side to match the yellow paper strip on the bottom of the page. Because the yellow side is plain, I added dimension to it by running it through my embossing machine to create the raised dot texture.

Have you ever taken a photo of your child during a school performance and couldn’t zoom any further leaving you with photos of your child in the middle of many other unknown faces? To keep the focus on my child, I cut vellum a little larger than my photo sizes and then punching a hole where my son in located in the photo. I then added these vellum pieces over the photo with breads.  This technique helped me keep the sizes of my photos the but putting emphasis on where my child is in the photo.
Here's a bit more close up shots of the page....



Supplies Used:
Keepsake collection- Music to My Ears, Picture Perfect, Garden Delight, Razzleberry & Chiffon, Simple Treasures, Flower Die cut, Cardstickers
Whoopie Pies, Sprinkle Glaze Alphabet letter
Twine- Denim, Twinery
Brads- Source unknown
Vellum- WorldWin Cardstock
Embossing folder- Swiss dot, Cuttlebug, Provo Craft
Border punch- EK Success
Circle punch- 1”, EK Success
Typewriter- Royal
Adhesives- Creative Memories

You can check out the Keepsake collection and all of the great papers of My Little Shoebox here and like them on Facebook here. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: