Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Saturday, May 5, 2012

Little Yellow Bicycle Projects

I am insanely excited today. There's so many things going on in the papercrafting world. Everyone's celebrating today and I'm one of them. Gives me an excuse to create, create and create some more.

Speaking of create, have you checked out my earlier posts? If you are just not stopping by, yes I have made up with all the silence last week with 5 posts today. Yeah you read it right, FIVE and this is my fourth one so make sure you scroll down to check my other project shares for today. I'm participating in Paper Bakery's blog hop and My Little Shoebox has a great challenge which if you check them out, will get you details on how to win some cool prizes. *wink*

For this post, I wanted to share some Little Yellow Bicycle Projects. They are having a big NSD contest which you can snag $150 worth of prizes. Yes, that's a contest I couldn't pass up.

Anyways I am entering two of their three contests and my first one is for the color challenge. The goal was to make a project with blue, green and brown colors in it. I used those colors as my main scheme but sprinkled yellow and pink in the mix to add some boldness to the project.

Faith in every Flower display
In this project I combined the Paradise and Twig lines. I used my Cricut machine to cut out the flowers and layered them for a dimensional look. I also used some die cut flowers from the Twig line to create more interest to the flower layers.

I had cut the leaves from the Cricut machine as well and curled the edges to give it a more realistic feel to them.

 I used stickers from the Paradise collection as well.

For the butterflies, I punched out the shape twice and then adhere their centers together. I then lifted the top edges to create the "flutter" feel to the shapes. I finished it off with some rhinestones.

For the second project, I grabbed the newest line- "Hello Spring" at my local Archiver's and made this layout...
i make
 I love the colors on this collection. Bright, bold and cute, definitely right up my alley.

 I wanted to apply the design rule of repetition in this page so I repeated everything in three's. There's three photos, three colums of papers, three shaped paper block, three butterflies and three uses of the color brown.



So that's my projects for today. I hope you come back later on for a reveal of my giveaway and see how you can get your hat in the giveaway.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: