Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, October 7, 2009

October Crazy Daisy kit layouts....

Whew! That's my sigh of relief that Monday and Tuesday is behind me. Busy? yes, tired? definitely yes, happy? Always! or I wanna think I am anyways.

Speaking of happy, I'm "happy" to show off what I did with the October Crazy Daisy kit. First off, I would have to say that the red and black/white combo that filled the kit was a little bit intimidating for me. It was speaking "formal" for me and if you know me, I don't do formal that much. I'm more of a casual, flip flop, a little bit messy here and there type of gal, so figuring out the layouts to make was a bit hard. But after going through my pictures I think I picked a happy medium of topics to scrap.

Here they are....

She is our Treasure

-I was inspired to create this layout by the journaling block that came in the kit. I knew that product should be used for some meaningful journaling. I found this picture of my mom and son and decided to document the treasure that she is to us.

-Because I am no professional photographer, most of my priceless pics has some kind of unwanted stuff in the background like here. There were some kitchen stuff in the background that stuck out so I covered it with flowers. I created one of the flowers with the ribbon in the kit, gathering it into a circle, sewing a little of it in place and then adding a gem in the middle.

-The title wasn't coming out very well against the black background so I added some handstitching underneath.
-I also created a little collage of items on the top right of the page using the rubons in the kit. One of the flowers was transfered onto red cardstock, cut out and then adhered with pop up dots.

Say Cheese

-I loved the reds and black that the kit have but with these fun pics I wanted to go a little informal so I opted for the 3bugs in a rug green pattern paper as my foundation.

-I thought the owl stamp was very cute and made that my main embellishment in this page, coloring it and adding a little bit of paper too.
-The polka dot letters weren't really popping out so I added some red lines inside the chipboard to make it pop out more.
-The scallop border was actually part of the Chatterbox letter packaging. I loved the look of it so I cut it out and because it had adhesive already on the back, it was a cinch to add it to the page.

-Another part of the packaging that I used here was the thread that came from the minibook. I used it to add more interest and texture to my buttons. Because the trim was thick, the buttons couldn't go on flat so I adhered it with pop up dots instead.

Family dinner

-Here I experimented in designing with 4x6 photos. I didn't want to crop them so I created a block design with them incorporating pattern paper and ribbons from the kit.

-I picked three colors that I thought would complement the green very well and then sewn ribbons between the gaps.

-I loved the big tag that came in the kit and used that to hide my journaling. I attached the tag with a chipboard and brad combo.

Chinatown Explored


-I really like it when I can grab a kit like this one and make five pages including a double page spread! What a great bang for my buck! Here I used the chipboard letters, felt flower, brad, rubons, metal accent and lace cardstock.

-The felt flower was looking a little dull to me so I added some of those basic grey rubons on it. Just remember that the texture of the felt is very coarse so you will have to rub really hard for the image to transfer and take your time in peeling the rubon sheet. I think this is a great way to spruce up any felt accent.

-Because I had tons of pictures in this layout, I ran out of space to add my journaling so I decided to add it as a long strip between some of my pictures. It turned out great. Remember if you don't have a 12x12 printer (like me) just use the 8 1/2x14" paper size and put 2" margin on the right for you to get a 12" strip of journaling.

I got one more to show but it'll be on a different post. Grab the kit now!

Till next time,
Grace

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love what you did with this kit!
That journaling strip is genious....one for the "to try" list.

I thought it was formal at first but that green and yellow kind of played it down. Good combo indeed!