Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Monday, October 26, 2009

Halloween week......

Hi all. Happy Monday. It's finally feeling like fall around here. This morning when I took Marcus to school, I felt the cold chill in the air. Both Maddie and I had to run back to the car cause brisk walking was making us shiver. Finally, we can bust out the jackets!

Anyways, I've been thinking a lot about Halloween. Not only because it's a week away but also because that specific holiday brings so much "fun" spirit in the air.

That's why I've decided to focus my posts entirely on that theme. Everyday, I'll post something related to the event. It will be a combination of projects and pictures and even maybe a fun recipe.

So let's start, shall we....

Today I'm sharing pictures. We went to a pumpkin patch on Saturday afternoon and we had fun.

One thing I really wanted from this activity is for the kids' to focus on the "picking the perfect pumpkin" rather than worrying about all the carnival rides. That's why I searched for a pumpkin patch that would not have all the distracting and expensive (I might add) rides and attractions. Luckily I found out that the CalState Pomona campus has a farm with a lot brimming with pumpkins. It was a ways away compared to the Pa's Pumpkin patch in Long Beach and the pumpkins are more expensive than if you would have purchased it in the store BUT the experience of it all outweighs the negative things.

Here's some pics of our fun activity....

I got really excited when we turned the curb and saw the lot on the corner brimming with all the orange pumpkins. This is just a side of the lot, can you believe that!?


When I went to their site, they advised us to bring our wagons cause the pumpkins will be heavy to carry from the farm to the parking lot. We followed their advise and we're glad we did!


There were so many good pumpkins, it was hard to pick the "perfect" one.


Maddie settled in with a small one. I guess she liked the one that is just her size.


Marcus had a hard time picking. There were too many choices to pick from.


After a while of roaming around, we finally settled in for two big ones and Maddie's small sized pumpkin.


and here's me with the kids.


Now all we need to do is make time to turn these pumpkins into Jack-o-lanterns.

Have a great day and hope to see you back here tomorrow.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: