Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Thursday, January 3, 2019

"Hello Winter" The Scrap Room Flavor of the Month kit, January 2018

Hello friends and Happy New Year. This is my first post for 2019 and I still can't believe that we are already in this year, let alone days after the 1st. I hope you all had a great Christmas/Holiday season. I'm sharing my first layout using the latest Flavor of the month kit from The Scrap Room kit club. This is also my take on this month's sketch...

Here's my page....
Products used: Simple Stories “Freezin’ Season”
Stash items used: Date stamp (Studio Calico); Ink (Black, My Favorite Things); Border punch (Fiskars); Pink Cardstock (DCWV); Glitter pen (Tonic Studios)
Notes: This page is my take on this month’s sketch. I didn’t have a 4x6 photo so I just placed my 3x4 on the top along with a 4x4 cut out from one of the papers. This block worked as my title block. I added some glitter on the word “winter” using some glimmer pen from my stash. I just love how this little touch added some shine to an otherwise flat element.
The 12x12 sticker sheet that came with the mini kit was chock full of fun embellishments and I used a lot of them in this page. I added some of them with foam adhesive to give my page layers and dimension.
I used a pink cardstock from my stash so that the photos can stand out against the busy background. I chose that specific color because it was in one of the pattern papers. Pulling out colors from the pattern papers will ensure that your cardstock choices match well with the rest of the papers. 

And here's the video process video...

And more detail shots...




Thank you for stopping by. I hope you have a great day.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: