Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor day and a layout

Happy Labor Day everyone! What's your plans for today?  Well for me, I will be spending it with the family. Not sure yet, what exactly we will be doing but I'm sure it will be awesome. Anytime spent with the family is always wonderful.
 
But before I head out and enjoy the day with hubby and the kids, I'll share a layout with you. Part of my OCD brain is the need to always have order, even in my scrapbooks. That's why I've made it a point to always have a "front page" for my yearly albums. The premis behind this rule I had put on myself is that, each yearly book would look organized and the person viewing the books/scrapbooks would automatically know that they are going to view a new year's worth of pages if I have a front page. Since I'm not so up to date, I just recently made my 2010 "front page" layout. Here it is...
 
2010
PULLED OUT FOR PUBLICATION
I had some leftover products from the August Paper Bakery Add On kit and so I used that to add design and texture to my page. I started with two cardstocks (from my stash), one matted on the other and then I laid my photos on my page where I want them to go. The beauty of having a page like this, is that I can use leftover photos from that year to build a "teaser" page of what you will expect in that specific year's scrapbook album.

PULLED OUT FOR PUBLICATION
I added a ribbon on the button and secured it with staples. I also added some flowers and stickpins because they make the page prettier.

PULLED OUT FOR PUBLICATION
I love, love, love Thicker's alphabet stickers from American Crafts. I have a little obsession with them and in this page I used number Thicker stickers with a simple font. I used the brown color and placed it on a subtle white/grey pattern paper to make it stand out.

PULLED OUT FOR PUBLICATION
I'm finding myself layering elements together lately. It's my little way of "fancying" up my page. Here I layered some stickers, flower with rhinestone center and a vintage milk bottle tab. I finished my center block design with pen stitching around it.

thank for stopping by and enjoy your Labor Day!

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: