Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, December 21, 2011

It's "sweets" making time!

***before I start my post today, let me share a wonderful news that I can finally share. Check this out! It's an honor to be working alongside some great names in the industry and I can't wait to get started :) ***

Hi all and happy hump day! We are days away from Christmas, can you believe that?! I can't! It seems like we just had fourth of July yesterday!LOL.

Speaking of the Christmas season, let me share a few pics of what kept me busy for the first two weeks of December...I've been making FUDGE! I made a batch and my husband loved it so he decided that we "should" make more and give it out as gifts to our family and friends. Yeah easier said than done but after hearing all the comments of how delicious the fudge was, it was worth it. Here's a small peek of when it came to assembling our gifts...

Oh, before I forget....we made Pumpkin Spice Fudge, Chocolate Fudge, Orange Dreamsicle Fudge and White Fudge. I added links to each one so you can see where we got the recipes from. Oh and NOTE....I doubled the white fudge so I can have more but bec. it used Condensed milk, the fudge didn't set so I turned to google to fix my booboo and I came across a blog post and in the comments section was a recipe for fudge brownie which I used to redo my white chocolate. It was still soft but oh man was it delectable! :)

Ok so after days of making the fudge, I got my hubby to help me package them up. I have been racking my brain for days thinking of ways to present them and Mitch kept on saying to just place them on a plate and cover them with Saran Wrap. Yeah that was easy but I was thinking, we went through all the trouble of making these treats, might as well present them well. Right?

Some of you will probably side with my hubby here with the easy packaging but some might be on my side so I'm not going to hold it against you which side you choose but I had the papers, the scoring pad and everything so I decided to go ahead and make my own boxes....

Believe me, this didn't take me forever to make. And I was able to use up some old cardstocks that I've been hoarding. It was a win-win situation.
Then my hubby and I went to work, assembly line fashion. I had him place most of the fudge on wax paper while I scooped out the fudge brownie and placed them in a separate paper.
Bec. the brownie fudge was gooeey, I didn't want that to mix with the other batches.

I gave hubby the important job of figuring out how many to give to each family. It took a few tries to get it right but we finally found our perfect number.

So while Mitch was packing the sweets in the wax paper, I was placing them in the box then wrapping and curling the ribbon. I scored a huge bag of curling ribbon at the thrift store a while back and it came very handy for this project.

and voila, after an hour of packing, wrapping and curling...we had boxes ready to be delivered.

I wanted to share this because (a) making homemade treats is an inexpensive way to share some "holiday" cheer this season and (b) there's so many things you can use your papers and ribbons for. They're not just for papercrafting in my home, they're used for school work, activities and in this case, gift giving.

So there you have it. Hope I was able to share a bit of inspiration with you today.

Till next time,
Grace

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They look so yummy!!