Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Sunday, August 29, 2010

In a blink of an eye.....

On Friday night I got a call from a friend telling me of a tragedy that happened in our church family. One of the families in our ward (church) had lost their 8 year old child. She died in her sleep.

Even now this news shocks me. This truly reinforces the fact that we will never know when our time is up, when our work here is done. I've known this little girl since she was a toddler. I was very privileged to be her leader in Primary (children Sunday school) for 6 years. I've been a recipient of her love, her enthusiasm and her wonderful and beautiful smile.

She will surely be missed but at the same time I'm very grateful to have known her. This tragedy, as bad as it is definitely put things in perspective for me right now. I can say I needed this jolt to get me out of my "poor me funk". As most of you know, the limbo we call our lives right now is still an ongoing stress. We still can't see the light outside of the tunnel and as each day passes it seems like it's getting worse before it gets better.

But after hearing of this sad event, I really, truly can't be complaining about anything. My life, even the stress that it is, is still very full of blessings. Too many too count.

So with that note, let's hug our family members a little tighter tonight. Kiss our children a little longer and smile at our loved ones a little more. We never know when they're "job" on this earth is done. We can never take loved ones/people/moments for granted.

And I leave you with two of the most beautiful and precious people in my life...



Till next time,
Grace

No comments: