Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Crazy Daisy May layouts *photo heavy*

What do you think of the colors purple, green, black, Grey and some deep blue?

I have to say that Crazy Daisy kits have some great color combos that I have not tried myself and every time I dive into the kits I get more inspired.

Here's what I made with the May main kit....

Breakfast fit for a queen


This page focused on one photo. A photo of my breakfast during Mother's day of last year.

I lined up pattern papers, border sticker and trim. I also added the rubon, flower and journaling block here.


Little miss Sunshine

This page was based on the sketch assigned to all the design team members.

I layered two papers here. Gotta love double sided papers, I used just one sheet here, representing both patterns in this page.

I added the lines of circles with punched pattern paper and buttons.

his hands

This is one of my fave pages right now. I love that I was able to finally document something that I love about my husband. We have this little routine to hold hands while driving. Of course he has one hand in the steering wheel and the other holding mine. I took that "physical" representation of love and journaled about the many ways his hands shows love for me and the kids.

I made sure the title stood out a little bit more against the background, so I painted over the paper and then adhered the letters.

To create the page, I layered pattern papers and embellishments. I love the fancy black trim and used that to lead the eye to the photo.

Anniversary date

This is my two page spread for this month. Although I usually use 12x12 size, I thought that the pictures will look better in a smaller scale.

I cut out the GCD paper to get the handcut flowers on this page. They served as my elements that created the visual triangle.

I used the back side of the My Mind's Eye papers with a Kraft color background.

A Mother's Bliss

Sometimes shaped pattern paper are good as a template to create shaped from another paper. Such was the case for the blue pattern paper which framed my white cardstock. I love the My Mind's Eye pattern paper in the kit but it didn't work with the rest of my design, so I used it as a template, tracing it behind the blue pattern and cutting out the design, giving me a unique frame.

I also repurposed "8" stickers for my 2 S's in the title.


and here's a peek at the mini that I made with the kit. YES, you can make 5 layouts PLUS a mini album with this wonderful package of a kit!!!

See more of book here.


and if that's not good enough, see what I how I re-purposed one of the product packaging from the kit here.

Till next time everyone,
Grace

No comments: