Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Saturday, February 21, 2009

a ribbon storage solution- the "ghetto" way

Did that title grab you??? hehehehehehehe.

If you've read my post about my scrap space you've probably learned that although I admire those spaces that all storage containers coordinate or was custom made, I know my reality and that it is finding things around the house that will work.

Such is the case with my ribbon storage and I'm here to share my "ghetto" way of organizing them.

I was in a shopping mood yesterday (friday) but more of that in a diff. post. Anyways, although I like the look of "brand" name ribbons, I get the bulk of my supply here. It's ribbon heaven. And the best part are the prices. They sell the ribbons, trims, laces, ric racs, etc by yard. You cut your desired length and the price ranges from .20 to 1.00 per yard. Yes you heard me right .20 cents for a WHOLE YARD!!! I love that place. Oh and right now they're having a deal that if you come between 7 am and 11 am, you get an extra 10% off your ribbons.

So here's what I brought home...


And because I needed to put them away, I thought I'd share with you all how I store them.

I do it three ways.....
Ribbons in spools are put in the bottom basket of this rack....

I also have some in clear containers.

Trims that are thicker than 1" are folded and placed inside snack size ziploc bags. I made a hole on one end and connected them all together with a key ring. I told you "ghetto". It works for me though cause the clear bags let me see what I have and bec. of the ring, I can hang it up anywhere I want and they're all in one place.




and then for the smaller ribbons, I use this...

tape and scrap chipboard

I roll each one up and tape the end


then organize them by colors here...

This is a toolbox that I've had for a long time. At one point (about 4 years ago) all my embellishments fit in this box. Yes can you believe those times. It's sounds so ancient since I can't hardly fit all my spools of ribbon here!

So there you have it. If you're looking for an easy and inexpensive way to organize ribbons, try my "ghetto" way. *smile*

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: