Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Thursday, February 7, 2019

"Sweet Love" (The ScrapRoom February 2019 Flavors of the Month Kit)

Hi there my friends. I seldom create a page with just one photo, but once in a while I get an image and although it is imperfect in many ways, it also is perfect in the emotion that it evokes to me. This photo was one of them. I documented it and the feelings behind it using the latest Flavors of the Month kit from The ScrapRoom kit club. 

Products used: Simple Stories “Kissing Booth” + Embellishment kit
Stash items used: Date stamp (Studio Calico); Ink (Black, My Favorite Things); Scallop border punch (Fiskars); Pink Cardstock (DCWV); Small ampersand sticker (October Afternoon); Ink (Tea Dye, Distress Mini Ink Pads)
Notes:
I rarely use one single photo for my pages, but this one is just so precious to me. It shows my kids and their cousins. These three, although living miles apart, always have a great time when they get together. To make this page fun and also to feature all of the papers in this mini collection, I cut the papers out into small squares and created a quilt block on the right side. I then used the papers as a backdrop for those cute die cuts and stickers that came in the kit.
I have this wider space between two of the rows of the blocks. That’s because I eye balled my placement of the blocks and didn’t quite get it to even out. I had thought of putting something there, maybe a strip of paper or washi but at the end, I like how plain that is. It gave the eye some rest amongst all of the busyness of the rest of the layout.

And here's the process video...

And here are some more close ups.... 




Thanks for stopping by.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: