Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Unicorn Birthday Card Set *Cards in Envy Challenge Entry*

Hello friends. How has your "hump" day so far? It seems like I am on a roll on making cards. Are you enjoying these kinds of shares?

Anyways, today's cards were inspired by the latest challenge over at the Cards in Envy challenge blog. The theme was to "Create a card with the NEGATIVE space of a die or punch" 

And here's what I was able to create...
So I started off with a piece of white cardstock trimmed to about 1/4" smaller than an A2 card base. I then added some color to it by blending a few distress mini ink pads and applying it to the piece with a blending sponge tool. I used two pink and one orange hue for my background. then I even misted it with some clear glimmer mist for some shine. 

After that was dried, I cut out a circle from the center. For the first card, I used the negative piece and added it to a white card base. I had this unicorn stamp set from Hampton Arts and added some clouds and the castle image onto the card front then stamped the unicorn and sentiment on a separate piece of white cardstock. I colored the unicorn and cut out with a coordinating die set. 

I finished off the card with some clear sequins. 

 For the extra card, I didn't want to waste the positive part of the circle so I used that as the center of another card. This time, I used a rainbow embossing folder on another piece of white cardstock for the background. I liked the subtle design it provided. I also misted this with some clear shimmer so there's a bit of sparkle on it.

 So which card do you prefer, the one with the negative space or the more simple one using the positive circle?

Thank you for stopping by.

Till next time,
Grace

2 comments:

Sherry Hickey said...

Very cute card! I like how you used the negative space of the circle and popped up the unicorn. Very nice bright colors, too! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards In Envy challenge!

Sandy Trefger said...

Super cute cards and a great way to use that negative space! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.