Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Monday, April 9, 2018

Floral Card Set *My Favorite Things Card Challenge*

Happy Monday friends. Today I'm sharing a card set that was inspired by the latest sketch challenge over at the MFT challenge blog
With this simple sketch, I was able to create 8 similar cards...
I started off with four cardstock pieces cut a tad smaller than an A2 card size then run them through my Cuttlebug with 4 different embossing folders. Next, I stamped some floral stamps (mine was super old) on white paper and then heat embossed them with white powder. Then I pulled out my distress mini ink cubes and did some resist color blending.  

After I did all of that, I cut each block into two pieces, cutting them into an angle. And since I have two pieces of each one, I was able to create 4 similar cards but have totally different looks to them. I finished off each card with a brown strip of cardstock, about 1/4" just to cover the seams where the two angled pieces of paper met. Plus I die cut some "hello" and "thanks" words from the Thanks and Hello die (MFT 906) die cut set from MFT. I die cut the words three times for the black ones making it really thick. I added some Nuvo drops to each card for some finishing touches. 

Here are a look at the cards in detail...


 Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a crafty Monday.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: