Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, March 23, 2016

"Out & About" layout

Can you believe it's already Wednesday? Time sure flies fast. 

Today's layout was based off of the following sketch from Sketch N Scrap blog


Can you believe that all of the papers in this layout is from my scrap bin? Yes I have to admit that I have way too much scraps and it felt good to get them used up on a page. Most of the scraps were put into my photo mat where I created a somewhat quilt type effect with them. I first cut them into squares then cut those in half to turn into triangles and then added to a cardstock with some space in between. I love how it frames the photo collage really well. I kept the rest of the page simple so that the viewer's eye can focus on the photo in the center. 

I layered some stickers to create a ribbon type effect here.


Hope you are having a good week so far.

Till next time,
Grace

7 comments:

Lisa in Texas said...

Very creative, love your take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Sura said...

Love your layout! Love the colors. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.
Surama

blbabe1234 said...

Awesome take on the sketch. Love that hexagon! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Unknown said...

I really love this take on the sketch! I love the way you did the borders! Thanks for joining us at sketch n scrap!

Kelly said...

Absolutely awesome take on the sketch! The added borders at the top are a fantastic touch and the title and embellishments rock! Thanks for playing along with Sketch N Scrap! :)

Karen said...

Love, love the layout! Loved that you made a collage of photos and the creative shape you added with this sketch. Great paper choices and it's pretty amazing they were all scraps! Thanks for playing along with Sketch N Scrap!

Unknown said...

Great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap! :)