Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Monday, March 21, 2016

"Olympic Center" layout

Happy Monday dear friends. This week is my kids' Spring break. I'm a bit envious of them as my break from school is not till two weeks from today and I'm getting a little burnt out that I catch myself counting down the days. I've never had that feeling before. Any advice, especially from those that have juggled school and family life?

This week I'm loading this blog with a layout share every day. I haven't done that in a while and I hope all or some of my pages will inspire you as other blogs do for me. 

This first one was based off of a sketch from Sketches in Thyme blog. 


As my 'one little word' for this year is SUFFICIENT, I wanted to dive into some of my scraps for the next few layouts. I feel that I have "enough" scraps to last me a lifetime (or two) and they need to be addressed. I loved how this sketch allowed me to add an array of various paper strips, in different widths, to the background. 

I even cut out my blocks for title and journaling from paper. To make my photos stand out, I matted them onto white cardstock.

I added just a few more embellishments to dress up the page. The background was already busy to I didn't do lots of layering like I do most of the time.

I thought the "geotag" symbol was appropriate for this travel themed page.

Thanks for stopping by.

Till next time,
Grace

5 comments:

Lori said...

Fantastic page! I have a lot of scraps that I need to start working on as well. This sketch is perfect for that. Love that you added in an extra photo, too! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketches In Thyme!

Helen Pigott said...

Great layout, lots to look.
Thanks for taking the time to join us at Sketches in thyme.
~Helen~

Sara SCraps said...

Great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketches In Thyme!

LisaM said...

Love your mix of papers and frames! Wonderful layout! Thanks for sharing it with us at Sketches in Thyme!

Stacy H-W said...

Nice job on this layout! Thanks for playing along at Sketches in Thyme!