Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Thursday, September 2, 2010

my Get Sketchy experience

So last month when the wonderful people behind Get Sketchy challenge blog put out their design team call, the DT's were given the awesome opportunity to renew our term. I thought about this long and hard. I've had such a great time in the team and have enjoyed taking each sketch and making it my own. I've learned and grew as a card maker because of my experience in the team plus the wonderful ladies I've gotten to know. They're just A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I'll never forget Bree, Camille and all of the lovely girls in the team.

But with much sadness, I've decided that I will not renew my term. Things in my home is such in limbo that I wasn't sure if I can commit to the weekly demand of this job.

Tomorrows card will be my last one at a team member but before I post that I thought of going through my file of Get Sketchy cards and I picked my favorite ones....

Roar-ing Good Time!

this is from GS #42. I love this card because of the story behind on how I got this card done. You see this was done in the middle of all the "home improvement" time. I made a mistake of making a card that was not for that week and didn't realize this till a day or two before the deadline. I was panicking. I've never ever missed a deadline. Plus I was having a hard time working the card and the cute 3d image from the sponsor of that week. Anyways, my loving husband crafted with me that night and helped me with this project. He was the one that put the cute dinosaur together. I will always cherish this card because it was a product of a moment that my husband despite of his non crafty skills went to work with me so I can get this done and sent in on time. He is definitely a big rock of support for me.

With deepest Sympathy

this one is from GS #46. I love this card because it came together so quickly and seemed so effortlessly. I have to admit, card making is never one of my best areas of expertise. Really, I struggle to layer things together hoping they'll all blend in. So when I started with this project and how the butterfly was just the perfect finish to this card, I was amazed. This doesn't happen often in my card making.

A Mother is

this one is from GS #36. I love this card because of the digital stamp that I used as part of the sentiment. I love that it encompasses everything we mothers do on a regular basis. Plus I was very excited when I was able to come up with the technique of making flowers out of ruffled ribbon by playing around in this card.
and finally

Make a wish

I can't remember which sketch this was from but I know it was during the month of May. I love it because (a) I really took the time to make that digi stamp of the girl colored it. I rarely put any details on my stamped images so this was a first to me; (b) the colors just resonates to me everytime I look at it. I love the girly colors mix in with some green and (c) it's a gatefold card. I don't do that often.


here's what it looks inside.

So there you have it. Check back tomorrow to see what I made with the Get Sketchy #54 sketch.

Till next time,
Grace

1 comment:

~amy~ said...

fabbie cards...you definitely rocked the Get Sketchy team:)