Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Mid week scrap post......

I have a love and hate relationship with the "on call" part of my job. Love because when they don't need me, that's an extra day that I get off and hate because when they do need me, I'm a little disappointed that I have to scrap all my plans for that night. Anyways last night's on call shift was a bust so that meant that I had an extra night off. Woohoo!!! and you can easily bet that I headed straight to my scrap space as soon as the kids were in bed. Here's what I made.....

My Night Job

-pulled out for publication-

this is a page about my experiences in Charlotte Russe, my first retail job after staying home for a few years with my kids. I kept my lanyard and used it for decoration and to house my journaling.

pulled out for publication-

I used some fun papers from the Just Chillin line of Making Memories. Love the fun colors of it. The lined paper was the perfect one to use for my handwritten journaling.

-pulled out for publication-

I sewn in the lanyard, cut out some butterflies from the same paper line and sprayed it with glimmer mist for some added shine. I made blocks with decorative edges from the pattern paper and sewn around it to mimic fabric which emphasized my fashion and retail story.

The "SHOP"

This page is a documentation of where my hubby works.


I used some fun white out We R Memory Keepers papers. Love the designs on these lines.


I concentrated on the historical parts of the business like when it started, when they changed ownership and when they started their own tool. Things and important informations that I want my kids to know.


The red title wasn't popping out too well with the background so I washed the paper out a little with some white paint.

Happy Father's day card

Father's day is in a couple of weeks so I thought it's about time I get some cards going here. This was inspired by the latest sketch (119) over at CPS blog. Love their sketches!


I used my latest Studio G stamps (the dollar acrylic ones found at Michael's and Joanns). I stamped it with blue then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I'm so happy that I can finally say that I know how to heat emboss. For the longest time, I kept on messing this technique up.


I heat emboss the title of the card too and added it onto the middle of the chipboard circle with some pop up dots.

[Good luck] card


this one was made for the Be Inspired #35 challenge over at the Cuttlebug blog. This week's challenge was to use basic grey products. I was into the challenge because I haven't used any of my BG stuff in a while and now was the perfect time to bust them out.


I used the elegant Ambrosia line. Added a silver cardstock embossed with the swiss dot template and finished it off with a rubon sentiment.

So that's it, hope you're having a great day and week.

Till next time,
Grace

3 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

Great projects. LOVE what you did with that CPS sketch, perfect card for a guy.

Pamela said...

Love all of these!!! Great work!

Julia Aston said...

Love your pages Great designs on them- your sketch Father's day card is super! love the colors on it!