Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Thursday, June 4, 2009

June Crazy Daisy kit "Warning: photo heavy"

The last time I worked on a monthly kit was way back in November 08. It's been a while and although I've enjoyed the freedom of putting my own "kits" together to create my projects, getting back in the mode of creating with what you're given had my creative juices pumping like crazy.
I got my kit last Wednesday and was very lucky to have a lot of free time both Friday and Saturday (family went on a camping trip without me cause I had to work both days) so I spent my "me" time in my scrap space and here's what I came up with.....

Nature

Here I wanted to feature the fun monogrammed letters exclusive to the Crazy Daisy kit. One trick that I just stumbled upon is layering F and L on top of each other to create an E. I thought it was an easy and fun trick. You can't hardly tell it was two different letters combined.


I covered some of the Basic Grey chipboards with pattern paper then trimmed and distressed the edges. One trick I did with this was actually adhere the sticky side (back side) of the chipboard to the pattern paper instead of the front side. This way you know that every part of the chipboard are adhered onto the paper because the adhesive's already there. I painted the swirly chipboard shape brown to create my flower stem. To finish off the flowers, I added a button in the middle.


I created a visual triangle between the photo corners and the scallop strip on the right edge.

Walk with me

In this page, I used the felt ric rac, green fabric, chipboard shapes, buttons and the stitched alphabet rubon.


I machine stitched the fabric onto my page which complemented the stitched letter rubons.



Just BE yourself

This page was inspired by the Basic Grey paper that was in the kit. The beehive pattern inspired me to make my pattern paper background and the "bee" was a great jump start for my journaling and title.
The beehive pattern also gave me the opportunity to use up all the pattern papers in the kit. They were all so gorgeous and hard to resist that I wanted them all in this page.

I created balance by having the pattern pieces towards the left side and a vertical stretch of pictures on the right and then connecting them all with the sheer ribbon.

Soda Shop Field Trip

This page focused on the pictures. I had a lot of them from the event and although they were printed on a smaller scale there were still a lot of them. If you have these kinds of events that one picture is just not enough, go ahead and use as much pictures as you think will convey your story. Don't be afraid that there's no room for elements/embellishments. Sometimes, scrapbook pages need to give more room and emphasis to the picture especially if it tells a certain story. If cramming too much pictures onto one layout makes you uneasy, you can always make a two page spread instead.


I also added the stars from the Autumn leaves stitched alphabet sticker sheet. I rubbed them onto white cardstock first, cut them out and adhered them with pop up dots. This created dimension to my page.
I loved the Cosmo Cricket Tuesday paper cause the backside had lines on them already. The perfect paper to use for a journaling block.


To make my light blue thickers stand out against the light pattern paper background, I painted red over the paper before adhering the stickers. This makes them pop out more.

Backyard Roasting Party

this layout's theme was all about fun since it showcases pictures of an everyday "fun" family moment.


I used a lot of reds here to play up the "fire" in the picture and story. I loved the Chipboard shape and was the perfect "flame" accent for the layout. I also created a visual triangle between the flames, red pattern paper which had my title and journaling and the canvas "play" accent.



Notes Minibook

I didn't decorate the front that much since it had the pretty bird and floral pattern on it already. I did add a few pebbles to the top to create some balance.


The theme of the book was inspired by the "notes" sheets in the kit. I cut out each of the titles of these sheets and used them as tabs for my "planner" book.


I decorated the first page with pattern paper, border trims and flower. I used the leftover canvas sheet to write a little title.




To decorate the rest of the pages, I punched out circles from the pattern paper, cut them in half and adhere them on the edges. This gave the white pages some life and yet left room for whatever I have to write on there.


For the back, I created a monogrammed block by covering one of the chipboard blocks with pattern paper and adding my initial in the middle.

Like what you saw? Get the kit here, while its HOT!!!

Till next time,
Grace

4 comments:

JJ Sobey said...

You rocked this kit! I'm still stalking my mailman - I haven't received the kit yet.. *sniff"

Anonymous said...

how cute is that beehive LO!! and that is a great way of using up stash too!! heehee..

nancy said...

Love that beehive pattern, and the notebook is so cute. Very inspiring!

The Sonboul's said...

WOW... you have been busy crafting! THESE ARE ALL SOOOO GREAT! I'm so proud to be your friend!