Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Sunday, May 24, 2009

My weekend

Woohoo it's Sunday! To some people, they look at today as the start of another week, to some it's the end. Whatever it is, this is my favorite day of the week.
On Sunday's I get to go to church and renew my baptismal covenants to the Lord, and then go home and take a cat nap plus have family home evening with my family. I usually sneek in some craft time while the kids are either napping or have gone to bed. Just thinking about it makes me so excited.

So as I mentioned in this post that Mitch and I just had our 7th year anniversary. He got me some flowers on Monday and then we celebrated yesterday (Saturday) with dinner and movies.

I loved that he picked a mixture of red and dark pink flowers for my bouquet. So cute!


We had dinner here....

both of us have never been here before.

We ordered their seafood special plate to share.

it had everything on it- lobster tail, crab legs and shrimps. The food was ok. I guess both Mitch and I can say that we are not big fans of seafood dishes. I'm not sure about you but I don't get the big deal about lobster. I didn't think it had enough flavor on it's own for me to want it again. I was not impressed, even after squeezing a lemon and dipping it in butter. I guess I'm not the sophisticated kinda gal. I do however really liked the "hush puppies" bread they had.

and since we shared a plate we had room in our stomachs for dessert. Mitch got the warm apple cobbler with ice cream and I got a new york cheesecake with strawberries. I LOVE cheesecakes but this one was not impressive either. Don't get me wrong, I ate it, but the whole time I was wishing I was having a slice of caramel cheesecake from the cheesecake factory instead.


and of course pictures of us....



After seeing these photos, we were both commenting that we looked tired. Do we? hehehehehehe.

After dinner we saw this movie...


It was very cool! Not one moment was boring. Now I'm not a "trekky" fan but I really liked this film. One thing I noticed though was that there's a lot of punching scenes, especially with Capt. Kirk's character. It was always a brawl with him.

And here we are before the movie...


After the movie, I managed to get Mitch to get into one of those photo booths with me and we got some fun pics. I can't wait to scrap those!

Anyways that's all for now.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: