Wreaths were one of my recent obsessions. I even made a board on Pinterest dedicated to all the cute wreaths I can make, you can see them here.
For the upcoming holidays I went with the traditional red, white and blue color scheme and found some papers from the Liberty line of BoBunny that perfectly conveyed the patriotic theme.
And here's how I made it...
Styrofoam wreath in desired size
Pattern papers and stickers
Ribbon (enough to cover the styrofoam)
Glue Gun and Glue sticks
1. First I wrapped the foam with ribbon. You might be thinking that since I'm using white ribbon, I should've just left the foam along BUT I like the finished look the white ribbon gives to the wreath.
2. Then I made paper rosettes from the pattern paper. You can see this old post for a tutorial on paper rosettes.
3. Then I laid the rosettes on the wreath, adhere them with glue gun and then added some stickers. I added these with foam adhesive AND glue gun. The foam "lifts" the paper up and the hot glue ensures that it sticks well to the wreath.
4. I decided to add some "sparkle" to my wreath, so I added dots of glitter glue around my stickers.
5. I then added buttons threaded with twine on some of the rosettes...
6. ....and bling on others
so there you have it. Quick and pretty. Here's some close ups...
Hope you enjoyed my tutorial today. Happy crafting everyone.
Till next time,