Yes I may be called crazy to have pulled off making 5 layouts, an album and one extra project using Crazy Daisy kit when I only have my adhesives, some tools and paper trimmer with me. But to be honest with you, I've enjoyed this time to be creative, especially with the limited resources that I have. It really made me think outside of the box and use up what I have in the kit.
Speaking of the November kit, I love how it is aptly themed for the season we are in right now. It has great fall colors and lots of products that would be perfect for all the Fall and Thanksgiving layouts that you might be planning for this month. I, on the other hand, didn't have any fall photos to play with but did manage to tweak some of the products to suit my themes. Here's what I made with the main kit....
A layout using the shaped pattern paper as my page frame. Because my photos lacked enough color in them, I used a bright orange background to make the black and white photo stand out more.
I added one of the Kaiser Craft envelopes here and I'm planning on storing some of our Vegas memorabilia in there.
I wanted the white letter stickers to stand out against the background so I opted on adhering it to the photo.
A page utilizing the Crate Paper borders and I even added some liquid pearl to the dots of the border for extra texture.
-pulled out for publication-
This is my two page spread share for this month. I went with a smaller size but fit for the 5 photos I have of me and my family.
-pulled out for publication-
I used the loaded text paper from Imaginesce here to emphasize some of the words in my journaling. Since the paper was fall related and my page was not, I had to improvise some of my sentences to fit my words like "fall" and "bountiful".
-pulled out for publication
To balance the scallops from the border sticker I added scallops around the top and bottom part of my title block using 1/2" circle punch.
I've been digging the shaped papers in the kit. They provide the best frames for my layouts. I used one of them here. I layered more of the strips of paper here plus the Crate Paper border sticker.
I made my own flowers to add to the page. I handcut the circles from one of the papers and then added strips of green paper in the back, layered on top of each other. Secured with lots of glue and reinforced by threading the embroidery floss through the flowers and button.
To create the visual triangle, I used the blue embroidery floss as the element,adding it to the flowers and handstitching some lines for my journaling.
So Happy to have you
I love this page. Not only because my son's the star on it but because it gave me a lot of room to journal on which lately is hard for me to do. Anyways, I cut out the part of the circle paper and added the half circle on the bottom of the page. The big ricrac was also a nice addition to the page.
I love the MME block and decided to use that for my title. Because there's an empty space in the title block, I added a layered butterfly plus some more of that Crate Paper border stickers, gosh I love those stuff!
I used some more butterflies here, again for a visual triangle element plus added a round M sticker from the JBS pack.
It's Dentist Time
I used the Jillibean Kraft paper as my background and layered some pattern papers over it. I love the Crate Paper border stickers and used up everything in the sheet in my projects this month.
For this page, I also added the MME die cut journaling block and centered it along with my title. Since the kit was heavily themed for Fall layouts and I just so happen to NOT have any Fall layouts with me, I had to improvise a little to make the most of the products. I did this to show that you don't have to use themed products for only the suggested theme/event/holiday it's meant for. The title sticker said "It's Pumpkin Time", so to match my layout I added rubon letters to spell out dentist onto white cardstock and adhered it over the word pumpkin to complete my improvised layout.
I also fell inlove with the butterflies. I used them here as my visual triangle elements. I broke some of the pearls from the Basic Grey pack and added some in the middle of the butterflies to create a finished look.
Sorry for the bad photos, I took photos of them in very bad lighting.
Make sure you check out the kit here.
Thank you for looking.
Till next time,