Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Upsy Daisy February share....

One of the many perks of being on the Upsy Daisy Designs team is that I get to "play" with their new lines. Have you seen them? They're really cool and my favorite part..... the clever idea of adding a quote or a strip of pattern paper on the end strip of a 12x12 paper that we usually cut off because it has the brand and name of the paper on it. I think that was very clever. Now there's no way we need to throw out any part of our paper. I just LOVE that!

So here's what I made this month...

Check up time

the dt's were given a sketch to be inspired from and this is what I made. I used the new Vogue line. I have to say that I was a little afraid using the paper for something other than a "girly" page but the beautiful blues and greens of the papers just screamed "boy page" to me.


I stayed with the colors scheme even with my title, using green and black.


I created a visual triangle with the circles, star and some newly released UDD bards. I added some stitching for texture and handwritten my journaling.

Love Frame

another assignment we were given was to create something with the "love" theme since February is the month of luuuvvveeee. *wink*


I altered a hanging wall frame with some pretty Blossom papers. Because I love the quote strips on the papers, I didn't think twice to using one of them here.


I also added some of those wonderful newly released brads here. The round tree accent was cut out from one of the pattern papers, I added dimensional adhesive on top of it and made it an instant epoxy accent. Fun stuff.

Thank you for looking and make sure you check out the site for more inspirations from the other design team members.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: