Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Friday, February 19, 2010

Has it really come to this???

Hi everyone and happy Friday.

First off I wanna say thanks to all my new blog readers. Thank you for all the sweet comments. I totally appreciate your kindness and friendship. :)

Anyways, this past three days I've been on a hunt for some specific brand name scrapbook papers. I went online and saw them on my fave online stores but I'm really the type of gal that hates paying for shipping so I resorted to going around town to my local scrapbook stores (of what is left of them) and tried to hunt down the papers.

After four stores, I only got one paper line from the five that I was looking for. And what surprised me the most is the price of them. I have been very blessed to have received so many great papers and products from companies and kit clubs so it's been a while since I really shopped for products other than tools and adhesives. Did you know that one single sheet of double sided pattern paper can run up to $2 a sheet? That is just unbelievable.

I saw papers that I could've gotten online for 89 cents that run me $1.10 at the store. Unbelievable!!! Is this really what the scrapbook industry came down to???

Whether it be online or in store shopping you'd still pay some outrageous prices for paper! I'm really sad about this. I guess the days of .70 cents a paper (good quality, brand name ones) are long gone. So sad!

Well, I don't want to leave you guys with just a sad story so here's a card I made recently....

We are home

I used some scraps here and played with a new stamp I got at the dollar bin at Michael's.


The letter stickers are from Basic Grey, button from Jenni Bowlin Studio and ribbon from Michael's.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: